Violence in Health and Social Care Settings: A training resource package for organisations and individuals.
By Joanne Skellern and Andrew Lovell
Violence in health and social care settings is now recognised as a major international concern. Training in the recognition and management of potentially violent situations can assist to prevent situations escalating to the point where violence occurs. This training resource pack contains:
- A DVD of 25 simulated scenarios
- A training manual on how to use the DVD which also includes a ‘notes for trainers’ section
The aim is to provide you with the materials needed to:
- Create a forum where violence can be discussed
- Encourage reflection on your own and colleagues responses to threatening situations
- Facilitate assessment of potentially violent or threatening situations
- Enable you and your colleagues to plan for adverse situations
- Encourage a review of practices in relation to National and local policies and procedures
This training resource package can provide a welcome contribution to induction and training programmes for individuals, managers and trainers working within organisations providing a range of health and social care services.
For all enquiries please contact:
Joanne Skellern and Andrew Lovell
Faculty of Health and Social Care,
University of Chester
Delivery of this item is charged at £5 for postal deliveries. Alternatively, it will be possible to collect from the Admin Office at the University of Chester Riverside site. To proceed to payment please click "add to cart"