Military Veterans and their Families Wellbeing Symposium
5th October 2017 - University of Chester - £50
Churchill House, Queen's Park Campus
Arrival 09:00 - 09:30 (Conference end 17:00)
- Sir Simon Wessely is Regius Professor of Psychiatry and Co-Director, King’s Centre for Military Health Research and Academic Department of Military Mental Health, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at King’s College London. Sir Simon is the Civilian Consultant Advisor in Psychiatry to the British Army and a trustee of Combat Stress. http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/discoverpsychiatry/professorsirsimonwessely.aspx
Other presenters include:
- Professor Teresa Ryan – Northwest Florida State College.
- Dr Jonathan Leach - Chair NHS England Armed Forces and their Families Clinical Reference Group
- Ms Hilary Meredith – Chair of Hilary Meredith Solicitors and Chair of the Royal British Legion Legal Group
- Mr Chris Matheson - MP for Chester
- Dr Richard Preece - Executive Lead for Quality for the Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership
Question Time: Chaired by Dr Peter Carter OBE with panellists’ including:
- Brigadier Robin Simpson OStJ (Dean of the Defence Medical Services)
- Colonel Phil Harrison (Regional Commander - North West England)
- Major Bev Sapre (General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
For more information, please visit our website: www.chester.ac.uk/health/crivw or email us at FHSCVeteransCentre@chester.ac.uk
The city centre is small and close to the venue. There is a range of hotel accommodation - the following advice should help:
To proceed to book, please fill in the form below and click Add to Cart.