2016 iJADE Conference
DrawingFriday 18th - Saturday 19th November 2016
University of Chester
This year’s conference takes a fresh look at a fundamental element of art and design education: Drawing. This is a call for papers for researchers, artists, practitioners and educators. The following suggestions may help delegates in preparing their papers:
- ○ Drawing as research/research through drawing;
- ○ Drawing and the senses;
- ○ Drawing and affect;
- ○ Drawing futures;
- ○ The therapeutic power of drawing in education;
- ○ Contemporary approaches to drawing;
- ○ Drawing as an expanded practice;
- ○ Drawing as a socially engaged practice;
- ○ Inclusive/exclusive practices through drawing;
- ○ Generating knowledge through drawing;
- ○ Collaborative practices in drawing;
- ○ Drawing in the context of co-design practices;
- ○ Pedagogies of drawing;
- ○ Interdisciplinary drawing practices;
- ○ Technology as drawing;
- ○ Digital drawing;
- ○ Politics of drawing;
- ○ Aesthetics and the assessment of drawing;
- ○ The body and drawing;
- ○ Drawing as a reflective practice;
- ○ Visualisation and drawing;
- ○ Theorising drawing/drawing and its relationship to theory;
- ○ Drawing and comics/graphic novels;
- ○ Drawing and material culture;
- ○ Exploring the relationship between drawing and space;
- ○ Thinking through drawing.
80-100 WORD ABSTRACTS TO BE SENT TO iJADE@CHESTER.AC.UK BY 1st October 2016
The deadline for registration is 18th October 2016. Whether you are a speaker or delegate please could you register before this date. Papers without at least one registered speaker will be dropped from the programme, so that we can proceed with scheduling presenters and printing.
For Delegates (Including Speakers)
Registration from 1st September 2016
£225 (£200 NSEAD members, £100 students and unwaged)
Student & Unemployed
For the student/unemployed rate of £100.00 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee includes all day Friday and Saturday sessions, refreshments and lunch, but does not include accommodation or evening dinners. There is no single day rate.
For questions about registration or to make payment via invoice please contact: email@example.com
There will be a £15 cancellation fee and no refunds can be given after 31st September 2016. Please note that the conference is non-profit making and all fees are used for conference costs.
For further details about the conference contact: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also attend the optional conference dinner.
To proceed to register online please complete the following form then click "add to cart".